[ExI] fermi question alive and well

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 16:00:33 UTC 2019

Does this have anything to add to the ongoing discussion of "waste heat"?
https://www.livescience.com/64995-heat-speed-of-sound-through-graphite.html

If heat can be focussed analogous to light in a laser, it might not be
directed at us.

If advanced kardashev civs have learned eco-friendly engineering at
glactic-scale, would we have evidence?

I have a hard time understanding the incredible hubris required to look at
some squiggles from telescopes to decide the fate of the universe.   We may
have admitted that the earth orbits the sun,  but it feels like we still
believe the universe solely for us - maybe it does,  but asserting that as
truth feels analogous to flat-earth assertions.