[ExI] fermi question alive and well

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 16:11:38 UTC 2019

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019, 12:02 Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  have a hard time understanding the incredible hubris required to look at
> some squiggles from telescopes to decide the fate of the universe.   We may
> have admitted that the earth orbits the sun,  but it feels like we still
> believe the universe solely for us - maybe it does,  but asserting that as
> truth feels analogous to flat-earth assertions.

Hubris is the mask but not the core.  The core is insecurity and fear of
the unknown.  Fear of death.  Fear of consicousness having no place in
current models of the universe.

Fear of tautology.

This is very clear, in my opinion.

The geocentrists surely thought they were on the cutting edge as well.