[ExI] sat in jail

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 17:12:22 UTC 2019

They were charged too. A decent summary can be found in Wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_college_admissions_bribery_scandal

I don't think there’s anything special about this particular bribery incident. I don’t think it’s any graver a “sin” than other corruption either. Perhaps because folks rely too much on what college someone gets into and graduates from, this seems worse, but that’s a wider problem that Bryan Caplan covers in his recent book, _The Case Against Education_.

By the way, Felicity Huffman got 14 days, but Tanya McDowell got 5 years — not for bribery but for using a friend’s address to enroll her son in kindergarten. Five years! See:

https://www.theroot.com/felicity-huffman-gets-2-weeks-in-jail-for-gaming-educat-1838111418

If there’s a sin here, it’s sending someone to prison for five years for faking her address.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst