[ExI] Update on the Hawaiian observatory shutdown

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 17:04:51 UTC 2019

Spike - can you tell me what's happening in your school?  And we have
always had an anti-intellectual bent.  Natural thing - envy.  Refusal to
believe that someone is way better than you, despite tons of evidence.  And
it's also political - most of the undereducated people are conservatives
and most educators are liberals.  Natural antagonism.

Just think of all the toys/tools/gadgets/autos etc.  we have that took
scientific studies to develop, or just good engineering.  I wonder if high
schools teach about TV and radio and radar and all the rest in some class.
If they did I'll bet the Ss would have a greater appreciation for what
elite intelligences have given them.  How many hours went into the
development of the iPhone and its predecessors?  Millions for sure.  bill w

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 11:50 AM SR Ballard via extropy-chat <