[ExI] Uploads

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 00:03:05 UTC 2020

Ben Zaiboc <ben at zaiboc.net> wrote:

snip

> However, good as it [Accelerando] was, I don't think it was so good at promoting uploading. Not in the way I'm thinking about, anyway.

That could be because Charles has reservations about uploading (like I
do) and does not want to promote it that much.  _Rapture of the Nerds_
a 2012 novel by Cory Doctorow and Charles Stross has some of the same
ambiguous flavor.

[Keith] "This is a bad topic to try to write about. It is hard to work in a
story arc".

> Damn, that sounds like a challenge to me.

As close as The Clinic Seed has to a story arc is the bit about the leopard.

"The tata was home to the leopard for the rest of his life."

Keith