[ExI] A puzzle

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Tue Apr 7 21:47:01 UTC 2020

Quoting John Clark:

> Hospitals in the US and around the world are not as overwhelmed as they
> might have been because emergency rooms report a 50% reduction in
> non-COVID19 cases such as heart attacks, strokes, and even appendicitis.
> It's reasonable to assume part of the reason for this is sick people are
> reluctant to go to a hospital and possibly get infected, but that may not
> be the entire answer. People are probably exercising less now, could they
> have been doing too much before?
>
> Where Have All the Heart Attacks Gone?
> <https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/well/live/coronavirus-doctors-hospitals-emergency-care-heart-attack-stroke.html?algo=identity&fellback=false&imp_id=517932151&imp_id=478355170&action=click&module=Science%20%20Technology&pgtype=Homepage>

My guess? Mornings where they have to get up early and rush off to
work are very stressful for people with CVD. Since most heart attacks
happen in the morning, people sleeping in every day because they have
nowhere to go means a lot less heart attacks. No mornings means fewer
heart attacks.

Stuart LaForge