[ExI] The USA is number one!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Apr 12 19:55:30 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2020 12:34 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com>
Subject: [ExI] The USA is number one!

The USA has blown Italy out of the water to claim the undisputed number one position not only in the number of COVID-19 cases but in the number of deaths produced by it too with 21,668. Italy is now a distant second with 19,899 deaths.

 John K Clark

The USA has more Covid-19 deaths than that ship where they had the early outbreak.

The USA has more Covid-19 deaths than my state as well, and way more than my town.

Of course Italy has suffered over five times the C-19 death rate per capita compared to the USA, but we don’t talk about per capita, for that would be politically inconvenient, ja?  It suggests something is wrong with Italy: about twice the number of cases per capita but about five times the per capita mortality.

We still don’t know how many deaths being called C-19 deaths are due to C-19 rather than those deaths where people have it or are presumed to have it identified as C-19 for insurance purposes.

I suggest we wait until after the data is all in, then compare mortality rates compared to background.

spike

(…stand by for shrieky rebuttal to above…)