[ExI] ccp struggles

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Apr 13 21:52:14 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] ccp struggles

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 06:25, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

If the virus really does slay as many proles in China as I think it is going
to, those 1.4 billion proles may decide they don't want this anymore.  They
want freedom of speech, they want the right to bear arms, they want the
kinds of freedoms Americans have taken for granted since forever.  Do let us
hope.

--

Stathis Papaioannou

Stathis, without the right to bear arms, the people have no rights at all, but rather only a list of grudging permissions which may be taken away at the government’s whim.

There are Americans who will argue Americans’ civil rights can be rescinded at the government’s whim, but those will all have a common characteristic: they have not exercised their right to be armed.