[ExI] it's your choice

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 04:02:47 UTC 2020

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 11:00 AM David McFadzean via extropy-chat <

> Keith Henson via extropy-chat
>
> >> But most of us have ancestors from all over.
>
> > If you intend "us* to mean humans, I doubt it.  The vast majority of
> > Chinese are not of mixed origin.  Neither are most of the Europeans.
>
> You may be surprised to learn that the identical ancestors point is only
> 5000-15000 years ago.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identical_ancestors_point

### I completely disbelieve this estimate. Major races split between 100+
and 50 kyr ago, with zero gene flow between the most geographically
isolated subgroups. There must be multiple Pygmy ancestors at 15 kyr who
made absolutely no contributions to Aborigine or Amerind populations and
vice versa.

Rafal