[ExI] More deaths from COVID-19 than Afghanistan and Iraq wars combined

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 15:26:21 UTC 2020

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 10:58 AM Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <

*> John, as usual you are being over dramatic here.  Current estimates for
> this outbreak in the US are at bad flu season levels. *

Well, in 1918 we had a rather bad flu season and it started in early March
just like this one, in less than a year it killed 675,000 Americans, ten
times the number that died in WW1, and it made tens of millions of them
sick. Worldwide it killed between 50 and 100 million people. And all
"current estimates for this outbreak" are based on the assumption that no
political leader does anything as colossally stupid as stopping the
quarantine way too early.  But I can think of one political leader who just
might be that stupid.

John K Clark