[ExI] prisons

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 17:51:21 UTC 2020

> On Apr 16, 2020, at 10:35 AM, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>
> Many places are sending those in prison home, esp. those who committed drug crimes or other nonviolent offenses, including just possession of small amounts.  Get tough with crime politicians passed laws to jail many of these drug offenders (esp. blacks here in MS) only to find that they could not afford to keep them in prison (and so in MS they just reduced services etc.)
>
> I wish all states would decriminilize possession asap.

Agreed. And let’s consider abolishing prisons too:

https://c4ss.org/content/30340

By the way, I live in Washington, where recreational cannabis use is legal (for those over 21). Yet folks here are still shocked when I advocate decriminalizing all recreational drugs.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst