[ExI] Why is there more matter than antimatter?

Kunvar Thaman f20170964 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Fri Apr 17 07:14:05 UTC 2020

We have evidence that the laws of nature aren't the same for matter and
antimatter (of course, we don't know the reason for so). The asymmetry
problem, I think, is similar to the C-reversed, P-reversed, and T-reversed
universe combinations, not all of them can exist. Similarly, antimatter
particles, in principle, should be perfect mirror images of matter.
However, the kaons effect is rare today, can we say the same for the early
universe?

The asymmetry you mention in the 1964 experiment, also happens in D-mesons.

Perhaps, the source of quark-asymmetry isn't the reason, and there is some
other unknown (so far) source contributing to the matter-antimatter
asymmetry.

Antiproton decelerator's
<https://home.cern/science/accelerators/antiproton-decelerator> work could
be relevant in the coming years to this.

&Kunvar

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 2:58 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <