[ExI] Why farmers?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 14:29:30 UTC 2020

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 9:52 AM Bill Hibbard via extropy-chat <

* > A family farm is a wonderful life for those willing to work hard,*

Yeah but working hard, especially on a farm, is not a wonderful life. At
least not for me.

*> As Earl Butz, Nixon's Sec'y of Ag, said to farmers, "Get big or get
> out."*

Earl Butz also said  "*Food is a tool. It is a weapon in the U.S.
negotiating kit*" and my favorite "*No, I try not to be a negative thinker*".
I couldn't fail to disagree with him less.

 John K Clark