[ExI] This List

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sun Apr 19 16:30:42 UTC 2020

On 19/04/2020 12:51, MB wrote:
> This can be a most interesting list, but lately it's not so much, it's
> just diatribe after diatribe.  I'm right tired of it too.

Glad your moderation has ended.

I agree with you, but there are interesting posts and there are tiresome
posts, always.

I'd suggest doing what I do, and delete or ignore the tiresome ones. I
get the email digests, and sometimes I delete entire digests because
every single post is about american politics, gun ownership, 'philosophy
of mind' (when I'm not in the mood for levity), etc. But I've rarely
seriously considered unsubscribing (well, only during the run-up to
american presidential election time, and I realise the best thing, for
people like myself, is to just ignore the list for a while, until sanity
prevails again).

This is the main reason I'm keen on Subject-line discipline, as often a
thread that starts out as something like "Cryonics membership" ends up
being an argument about american senators and their religious
convictions, or some such, with the same subject line.

Another point is, the same person can emit both interesting/intelligent
posts and tiresome/ranty ones. Very few posters here are all one or the
other.

It's worth sticking with it, in my humble opinion.

--
Ben Zaiboc