[ExI] seattle and mt. rainier

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Apr 19 17:33:21 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

>...I know personally a civil engineer who I went to school with, who is a
literal recent creationist.  Part of his job is to do core samples and map
out historic mud flows in the Seattle area, so they know where are the best
evacuation routes in case the mountain blows and dumps a wall of snow and
mud on the towns north and west of there...spike

By way of explaining that comment, since plenty of our ExI posters live in
the Seattle area: that city is built on historic mud flows from Mount
Rainier.  We saw what happened when Mount. St. Helens blew and we know that
Mt. Rainier is an active volcano.  Sooner or later, good chance the same
will happen there, but... if it does nearly everyone can survive, assuming
they know exactly what to do.

My friend lives a little less than 17 miles from the mountain as the crow
flies.  There is an evacuation route and a reasonable estimated time before
the mud gets there.  If a person is prepared and that person will moooooove
her aaasssssss along the known route, she can escape and live.  But there is
no time to lose.

It's a cool thing, most worthwhile to be one who helps develop escape routes
and procedures based on historic mud flows.  Deciding where to send the crew
to collect an informative core sample then interpreting it after the fact
with a microscope would be a career I would consider if I had it to do over
again.