[ExI] More die of heart attacks during sex than died of shock when Forrest Gump won best picture

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Apr 19 16:35:51 UTC 2020

>...> On Behalf Of Bill Hibbard via extropy-chat

Subject: [ExI] More die of heart attacks during sex than died of shock when
Forrest Gump won best picture

Like other old folks I look back on my life and regret mistakes I made, some
of them real whoppers. But it occurs to me that if I had avoided those
mistakes, my life may not have turned out any better.

This gives me some humility about my social/political opinions.

HAH!  That sounds like a CHALLENGE!  We are putting together a team for the
upcoming international humility Olympics.  We have Anders Sandberg and that
religion guy (with all those churches and songs about him (can't remember
the name)) we get you and me on there, we will totally whoop ass in the
humility events!

Oh wait, I just disqualified myself, damn.

Bill thanks for that comment.  The last decade of my life has given me some
humanizing humility as well (that's how I became a silver medalist to start
with.)

Why did Forest Gump shock people winning best picture?  I really liked that
movie.  If you are a Tom Hanks fan, do catch Mr. Rogers.  I would say that
is his best work, and is saying a lot in his case.