[ExI] How email works; was: More Americans died of COVID-19

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Apr 19 16:53:10 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of SR Ballard via extropy-chat…

>…So I looked around and found Humanity+ by our own Natasha Vita-More… SR

Thanks for that!

Natasha and Max are the real owners of this list.  I am just the volunteer caretaker until they get back to being ready to do their thing.

I do apologize for your being shut down in 2010.  This has always been a rough neighborhood because of intentionally light moderation.  The price of that philosophy is this current flame war.

>From your commentary we kinda knew you were young but the bit about college was new and surprising.  People who have college degrees know how little of what is offered there is truly perspective-changing.  Consider our kindhearted Dr. Rafal: that man has more degrees than a thermometer, but has always treated me as his equal.  This caused him to whoop my ass in the Humility Olympics.  Well, temporarily anyway.  We tied for second, with all the others.

SR, I think you are the only woman left here.  They get tired of lonely men wanting to get to know them better perhaps.  Or it could be they are repulsed by the tone which is often a sinusoid, alternating between abrasive and abusive.  I find that atmosphere most regrettable.

Regarding moderation, I have contacted one who has agreed to be a shadow moderator.  That person and I will not moderate-flag anyone until we agree it just hasta be done.  We are intentionally keeping a lid on the identity of that volunteer second moderator, for reasons that might be clear enough.