[ExI] seattle and mt. rainier

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Apr 19 20:03:42 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat
…
Subject: Re: [ExI] seattle and mt. rainier

On Apr 19, 2020, at 10:41 AM, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>>…My friend lives a little less than 17 miles from the mountain as the crow
flies.  …It's a cool thing, most worthwhile to be one who helps develop escape routes
and procedures based on historic mud flows.  …

>… By the way, if you live near Rainier (or Baker, which is far to the north of Seattle), the evacuation routes are marked in many areas. …

Regards,

Dan

Thanks for that Dan.

If you have ever done the RAMROD bicycle run around Mt. Rainier, you started and ended near where my friend lives and does most of his work.

There is a high place near there called Mount Peak, also known as Pinnacle Peak.  It looks to me like his best bet would be to scramble on over there and climb quickly.