[ExI] Existing as stored data

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Mon Apr 20 15:46:59 UTC 2020

On 19/04/2020 19:46, Guilio Prisco wrote:
> Just happens *physically*
>
> On 2020. Apr 19., Sun at 14:05, Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat
> <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
> <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 19/04/2020 00:53, Spike wrote:
>     > Second thing in SDA: that religion holds that when a person
>     perishes,
>     > they are on hold, no conscious existence in any form. They exist as
>     > stored data until they are re-assembled at a later time.
>
>     I'm curious, Spike: Where or in what form what do they think this
>     stored
>     data is? I'm presuming this is not thought to require any particular
>     actions on behalf of the person in question (apart, possibly, from
>     membership of the SDA), but just happens magically?

OK, but that doesn't answer my question. How does it happen? What is the
mechanism, what is the medium? Where is the information stored?
If the answer is "We don't know", "We don't know", "We don't know", and
"We don't know, but we think it's true anyway", I'd call that magical
thinking.

--
Ben Zaiboc