[ExI] Age and the Future

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Apr 21 00:02:45 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of SR Ballard via extropy-chat

I was about to reply to John but I had the revelation that it will just make him post more.

SR I for one am glad you are here--not just because of the little female representation here, but because of the little YOUNG representation here.  I am 28 next month and sometimes I feel like a fetus round these parts

>…Haha, I remember how shocked I was to learn how old you are! I’m 26.

>…It’s sad to me that there are so few 20-35 y/o people on the list, but I think it might be a function of the list being an email list. I think the majority of people in this age group would probably not even know what an email list is. Just like the lack of understanding about IRC.

>…Speaking of being young, I got engaged recently, and we’re planning on getting married around Feb 22 in/around SATX, depending on work, money, Covid, etc. Keep you updated.

Good for you SR.  My bride and I had already been married ten years before you were born.  It has worked out extremely well for us.  Best wishes to you.

Another email group I was on tried to go over to another medium besides email, but it generally didn’t work out.