[ExI] No gods, no meaning? (was: Re: Existing as stored data)

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:15:11 UTC 2020

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 5:38 PM Will Steinberg via extropy-chat <

> Atheism is clearly an assertion.  If it wasn't, then "God does not exist"
> would be logically congruent to "meatballs don't exist" or "[anything]
> doesn't exist". Clearly the statement has informational content.  Saying
> it's a lack of belief is a cop out.  It is a belief because it is a logical
> assertion: God does not exist.  Just own it for fucks sake.  If you want to
> not have a belief, perhaps agnosticism is right for you.

I don't think God, in the Judeo-Christian sense, exists. I consider myself
an atheist, yet, I'm willing to admit there's a tiny probability that I'm
wrong. Agnosticism is too weak, in my opinion, for how I feel.

Bottom line: I don't think the labels are too important.

-Dave