[ExI] Atheism again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 20:28:06 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 3:41 PM Will Steinberg via extropy-chat <

>> In my opinion one brute fact is consciousness is the way data feels when
>> it is being processed, but it would be silly and very misleading to call
>> that fact God.
>>

> *> I think this explanation still lacks parsimony, because where does the
> data come from? *

I don't claim that is the only brute fact or that particular one is the
source or ultimate explanation of everything, it certainly can't explain
why there is something rather than nothing, I just think that's as far as
you can go in figuring out what consciousness is.

>  *consciousness is prime and creates data *

Consciousness doesn't create data intelligence does, and that's why it's a
far richer area of study. Consciousness research has gone nowhere in the
last century or even millennium, but intelligence research sure has.

John K Clark