[ExI] Atheism again

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 08:45:41 UTC 2020

Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Keith. I think atheism is, as you say, "a lack of religion rather
than a religion" in non-militant atheists. But in those militant
atheists who passionately want to convert others, and even more so in
those militant atheists who discriminate against believers in academy,
culture, media etc., atheism becomes a religion, and of the worst
kind.

Is this a real problem?

Can you provide some examples?

The best-known atheist might be Richard Dawkins.  I may just not be
aware, but has he advocated discrimination against believers?  If not
Dawkins, are there others?

Keith