[ExI] psychology

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 19:04:26 UTC 2020

If we think of atheism as a religion, and I don't, then we can think of
what religion offers - here is a start:

rapture - feeling of oneness with the universe and god- nirvana - peak
experiences accompanied by speaking in tongues - feeling of lost identity

forgiveness of sins - purification into a better person perhaps through
suffering and flagellation and fasting - being forgiven by an agency of the
church and thus a god (Jesus loves me)

merging identity with fellow believers - being a part of a whole - loved
and loving in return

more to come - what do you think atheism offers comparable to those things
above?

bill w

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 1:26 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <