[ExI] texas county judge demands residents wear bananas

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 21:57:53 UTC 2020

> Under what legal structure does this county propose to prosecute
violators?

Because they can, until and unless someone files suit to make them stop.

> How does it deal with homeless people who have no access to orders from
some county bureaucrat and no mask, scarf or banana?

It's another excuse to make homelessness a crime, without directly doing so
(which they aren't allowed to do, given court precedent that such laws
violate the 4th, 8th, and 14th amendments; if this finds its way to court
and the lawyer opposing this law is competent at looking up precedent, a
few quick citations and this law is legally indefensible).

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 1:51 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <