[ExI] texas county judge demands residents wear bananas

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 16:39:59 UTC 2020

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 at 22:38, spike jones via extropy-chat <

> On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 at 13:41, spike jones via extropy-chat <
>

> *From:* extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> *On Behalf
> Of *Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
>
>  .
>

> >….But in the rest of the world, even in anarchist societies, they would
> make everyone wear masks.  You are saying there is no legal way to do this
> in the US, even if almost everyone agrees that it would be a good idea.
> This would seem to be a problem with the system, if true.
>
> --
>
> Stathis Papaioannou
>

> I agree that is a problem with the system but it can be fixed.  The rest
> of the world, even anarchist societies, could adopt the US constitution.
> Problem fixed.

The US constitution can be changed in any way by agreement, and it can also
be interpreted in any way by the legislature, so I don’t think you are
right that it would force the destruction of the country contrary to the
wishes of the population. It may be an impediment to tyrannical takeover,
but many countries in the world have fine-sounding constitutions including
ones which were or have become tyrannies.

> --
Stathis Papaioannou