[ExI] texas county judge demands residents wear bananas

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Fri Apr 24 17:32:13 UTC 2020

On 24/04/2020 13:35, SR Ballard wrote:
> > The government cannot make you buy something. - spike
>
> Not true. You are legally obligated (sic) to wear clothes in public or
> you will be a registered sex offender for the rest of your life.

Whaaaat????

How does being naked in public turn you into a sex offender??

I don't know about american law, but in blighty, there's an offence
known as 'outraging public decency', and this can potentially be used
against naked people, but often isn't. The obligation to wear clothes in
public is more of a social norm than a legal thing. As it should be.

This flabbergasts me almost as much as the idea of 'school police'.

America appears to be a deeply weird place.

--
Ben Zaiboc