[ExI] baby fae

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 16:54:41 UTC 2020

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 12:07 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> John, my point is that insanity (wrong word, really) and genius have no
> causal connection.  Newton is just an example of both occurring in one
> person - no cause running either way.  bill w

Going insane seems to be a occupational hazard for mathematicians,
especially for great mathematicians; Georg Cantor, Kurt Godel, John Nash,
Alexander Grothendieck, Grigori Perelman all went nuts. I don't know if
Paul Erdős was insane but he was certainly very very odd.

 John K Clark