[ExI] thawing of ai winter?

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 00:03:35 UTC 2020

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 7:51 AM Angel Z. Lopez <zoielsoy at gmail.com> wrote:

> if the brain doesn't have the ability to recondition itself then maybe
> this game of life is in fact all a predetermined outcome?

### About 20 - 30% of most psychological traits (personality, IQ, various
disease risks) is environmental or stochastic, while the remaining 70 - 80%
is genetic. So yes, the game of life is to a large extent but not
completely predetermined. However, I wouldn't say that the brain doesn't
have the ability to recondition itself - while it does rely on a lot of
prewired structure for various basic processing tasks, the highest levels
of our cognition are much more responsive to new knowledge and allow us to
rise above the level of automata.

Rafal