[ExI] Existing as stored data

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 02:11:01 UTC 2020

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 11:48, Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 10:23 AM Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat <
>
>> levance and meaning are value judgements made up by humans, without any
>> objective basis. There is nothing in physics to say that a speck of dust is
>> less meaningful than a galaxy.
>>

> ### I disagree. Our feelings were produced after billions of years of
> living things' evolution, all according to physical law. This is a very
> objective basis.

That is a description of how feelings came about; but where is the physical
law that says something that was produced after billions of years of
evolution is important, or more important than something produced after a
shorter period?

> --
Stathis Papaioannou