[ExI] A fly on the wall

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 12:18:18 UTC 2020

What great stories! Especially hearing about the "4 quadrant log-antilog
multiplier"  invented while wearing identical clothes.

It's funny because it just so happened that last month I realized I have
built up a large drawer full of radically different mismatched socks over
time. 90% of which I hate.  I guess the best gift anyone can think of
getting me are different socks.  Every morning it seems to get more and
more time consuming just to find a good matched pair.

Last month I realized the best solution would be to find a good pair of
socks, which I (and anyone who wanted to gift me a pair) would always be
able to find identical pairs to purchase, forever, then buy a bunch and
throw out all the mismatched garbage I have now.  I could refuse to accept
any gifted pair of socks that weren't Identical.

So glad to hear I am not the only person pushing in this direction for
solutions to some of life's difficult problems.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020, 9:10 PM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <