[ExI] Who has a vote that counts?

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 06:51:57 UTC 2020

By “the natural order of thing”, I mean, not conducive to creating responsible, “self-sufficent” adults.

For example, before we started dating, my boyfriend was constantly borrowing and repaying the same $10 with his Grandma. I absolutely find that unacceptable and childish and just don’t tolerate it from him. He now has a savings account, for the first time in his life. Young people just do NOT save. Because there are so many factors that enable them to not save: loans, credit cards, social gratification.

They (my boyfriend and his brother) used to pay rent on the 3rd so his brother could get one more check. No. You make enough money, pay it on the first like you’re supposed to!

It’s not a thing that’s “wrong” with young people. But it’s going to become a severe obstacle when their parents eventually pass away.

And I’m not talking about money specifically, but rather the mindset that money represents. For example people who move out and can’t boil pasta, do their own laundry, make a grocery list, deposit a check.

Eventually the people who do that for “you” now are going to be gone. Of course you can google it or watch a YouTube video, but it’s absolutely not the same as far as poise goes.

SR Ballard