[ExI] Who has a vote that counts?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 23:01:19 UTC 2020

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 5:23 PM Will Steinberg via extropy-chat <

*> Now, there is an active threat to all countries in the world, all the
> time, many times more severe than the Cuban Missile Crisis.  The Cuban
> Missile Crisis is dog shit compared to the state of nuclear armament today.*

In 1962 the USA had 6,300 Megatons worth of H-bombs, and the USSR had about
3000.  The Hiroshima bomb had a yield of about .01 megatons and it killed
at least 100,000 people. Today all the world's nuclear weapons stockpiles
combined equal to about 5000 Megatons, that dog shit still smells but only
5/9 as bad so things have improved, although I must admit that in 1962
neither Kennedy nor Khrushchev was as stupid or ignorant as Donald Trump.

  John K Clark