[ExI] Who has a vote that counts?

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 17:59:14 UTC 2020

How can you so confidently say that 4 more years of Trump means the
constitution and bill of rights will be gone?!  That's such a strong
statement.  What is your rationale for that?  I think it would be bad, but
saying "We will 100% chance have no constitution" is just about the
strongest statement you could make.

You were wrong about the same thing happening over the past four years.

Unlike Spike, I don't necessarily consider the constitution as strong as an
anvil in a vacuum.  However, it is supported by and supports all political
and social contracts in this country, much like a tree generates roots, but
the tensile strengthen of the roots keeps the tree standing.

It is not easy to get rid of the constitution.  It is a worry that it will
be amended in some bad way, but it is hardly a guarantee that it will be
anulled.  It is silly to say that.

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020, 12:42 John Clark via extropy-chat <