[ExI] atheists/religion

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Sun Aug 2 19:00:34 UTC 2020

Not-sad atheist right here. I don’t think I’m the exception either. From here, I see plenty of theists that seem guilty, angry, aggressive, worried, anxious, scared, insecure. But I’d never generalize or stereotype as I also see happy as clams Ned Flanders’ and Ned Flanders’ wannabes and suicide bomber “martyrs” gleeful in anticipation of the afterlife with virgins (if they only knew what that would really be like). I don’t mean to be pejorative to religious folks (although suicide bombers who take out bystanders can go fuck themselves—I’m big on consent). I will fight oppression, inquisitions, and holy wars. I love my peaceful muslim friends and my Mormon friends and transhumanists. Live and let live is one of my mantras.
Apology accepted GP.
Rather than not express that impression here, consider gathering more data to inform your opinion. I’d suggest that atheists are a diverse group. Just as are extropians and transhumanists.
-Henry