[ExI] atheists/religion

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 22:28:17 UTC 2020

At the root, religions are xenophobic
meme.  keith

Oh, we are born xenophobic, all right.  But the other side of that coin is
intragroup cohesion and loyalty.  On a day to day basis that might be more
important.   One climbs up the ladder:  first parents, then tribe, the
tribe leader. then spiritual leader (sometimes a paranoid schizophrenic
having delusions and hallucinations, which are still regarded in parts of
Africa as evidence of contact with the spirit world), then the god or gods
the shaman contacts.  A natural progression towards having a local, tribal
god - and Jehova was certainly the Jew's god and the god of no one else
until being adopted by Christians, most of whom were Jews at the beginning.
bill w

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 5:11 PM Keith Henson via extropy-chat <