[ExI] atheists/religion

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:23:08 UTC 2020

Consoled?  They want advice of the most serious kind.  That is what we have
been discussing:  just what principles do we have that supplant the ones we
originally got (most of us) from religion.  What are you going to say to
them?  The secular humanists are a good start as are the extropians Spike
mentioned.  And you can go a long way with the Golden Rule (no, people,
don't tell me the exceptions we all know about).  Also, I see in the news a
movement trying to get a monument to the Bill of Rights on the Mall in
D.C.  Support that if you can.  Bill of R is a good start for
principles,mostly of the rationalist kind.   I also think the UN has
something like a bill of rights.  bill w

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 11:13 AM SR Ballard via extropy-chat <