[ExI] next county

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Aug 4 21:07:01 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat

Hi Spike

This article just arrived.  Looks like useful information.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/covid-19-coronavirus-kids-schools-opening-when-how-risks

One quote I noticed was :
“If your trends are not coming down, then there’s a problem,” she says.

>...So if areas are using different counting methods you can't compare areas, but you can look at the trends in each area.

BillK

Thanks BillK!  Excellent article!  Very informative.

I might speculate that Puerto Rico mighta gotten holda some bad test kits.  That 100.00% positive rate just looks a bit suspish.

If we compare by area, my city and the one to the north are in good shape to reopen schools: our case load has been mercifully mild.

How is UK handling school re-opening?  Do you have something analogous to our state governors there?  Can Scotland and Ireland and Wales make their own calls?