[ExI] next county

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Aug 5 22:06:47 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat

>…Spike, this is not an abstract discussion about philosophy this is a matter of life and death; do you really think you have the expertise to tell all the epidemiologists and statisticians on the planet how to do their job…

John K Clark

I don’t know if I answered your question John.  I don’t need to tell epidemiologists and statisticians how to do their jobs, for they already know: never throw away uncertainty caveats in data.

I do urge that every site reporting covid fatalities carry the caveat offered at the collection level: these are patients who died WITH Covid-19 but not necessarily die OF Covid-19.  So, just carry the caveat all the way up in these terms:

Covid-19 fatalities herein did not necessarily die of Covid-19.

Now isn’t that simple?  Just carry those 9 words all the way up.  Statisticians know to do this.  Engineers and scientists know to do this.  Doctors know to do this.  They don’t need me to tell them.