[ExI] next county

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Aug 6 05:44:48 UTC 2020

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
Subject: RE: [ExI] next county

> On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat

>…Yes, but the point I was making is that EVEN IF it were in the government’s power to order everyone back to life as usual it would not have the desired effect if there was a real problem… Stathis

Stathis, how does Australia count fatalities with, of, related to (etc) Covid?  Do they have a way to distinguish between the WITHs and the OFs?  How?

I found this site with some data, but it doesn’t say how or if it differentiates between the Withs and the Ofs:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

I notice their graphs are free of caveats and explanations of methods.  Better than nothing I suppose:

Stefan Lofven of Sweden was one who ignored the problem and hoped it would go away.  It did:

Sweden did almost nothing.

How is Scott Morrison handling the crisis?  Are Australian schools open now?

Stathis, does the Australian government have the authority to make people stay home?  If they don’t, what happens?