[ExI] 3 kt?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Aug 7 00:51:09 UTC 2020

On Behalf Of Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat

>…I have to admit as a layman though that it looked like it could have been a ~200K ton nuke when first watching the footage based on the cloud and blast radius.  I'm glad of course that doesn't appear to be the case…  Dylan

Oh my no, a 200 KT nuke would have had a far different signature.

There was a video of a young lady having a photo-shoot done.  There was a yellow glow on her dress about a second before the shock wave arrived.  From the size of the debris and how fast it blew about, along with the color of the reflected glow on her dress, all that counter-indicated even a really small nuke.

Agreed, this is good news that it wasn’t a nuke, and probably just some bonehead who abandoned all that fertilizer without any intentions of bombing Beirut.