[ExI] Bill Gates on Covid: Most US Tests Are ‘Completely Garbage’

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:25:38 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 12:21 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <
extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote
*Subject:* [ExI] Bill Gates on Covid: Most US Tests Are ‘Completely Garbage’

Bill Gates on Covid: Most US Tests Are ‘Completely Garbage’
>> <https://www.wired.com/story/bill-gates-on-covid-most-us-tests-are-completely-garbage/>
>
> *I came to similar conclusions in April, *

Spike, I wish you'd read the entire interview, and not just the headline,
and tell me if you agree with Bill Gates or not.  I certainly do! Gates is
not saying all Colvin 19 tests are garbage, just those conducted by the
USA, because regardless of how accurate the test may be if it takes 10 days
to two weeks to get the results, and not 15 minutes as in most other parts
of the world, then the tests are, although perhaps of some historical
value, completely useless as a tool for slowing the spread of the virus.

*> Conclusion: the number that counts is the fatalities per capita.*

But you won't even accept that evidence that this pandemic is serious
business, you'll just say the excess deaths were caused not by the virus
but by people dying from a broken heart because liberals forced them to
shut down their businesses. It seems there are no logical contortions some
people will not undergo if that's what it takes to avoid changing their
worldview in any way.

  John K Clark