[ExI] steve's research

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 05:07:53 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 12:32 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *From:* spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
>

> >…He was an occasional poster here for a long time…  BillW I regret you
> never had a chance to meet him.
>

> spike
>

> Correction to previous, Steve van Sickle was an occasional ExI poster a
> long time ago.  I don’t recall his posting here for perhaps 15 yrs now, but
> he was on the local cryonics forum.
>

> Steve’s research was in gas infusion into tissues as a means of preserving
> kidneys and other transplantable organs.

### I am sorry to hear Steve died.  I listened to his presentation on cold
pressurized helium persufflation as a means of cryopreserving without toxic
levels of cryoprotectants and I was very excited about the research. Did
his company Arigos get anything done? Their website is still up but only a
placeholder. Last mention I found of any research being done was from 2018
- pig kidneys recovered from -120C.

It's a pity this project didn't get the support it needed. I had high hopes.

Rafal