[ExI] Who has a vote that counts?

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 20:44:16 UTC 2020

On Aug 11, 2020, at 1:00 PM, John Clark via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 6:54 AM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>>
>> > ### I want to avoid legitimizing the system. If I never voted for it, you can't blame me.
>
> I think Paul von Hindenburg was a pretty terrible human being, but if I was a German in 1932 I would've voted for him, and if I survived the upcoming war in 1952 I would have look back at that vote with pride. If I had voted for his opponent or just not voted at all I would be filled with shame, because there is no bottom to bad.

Recall who Hindenburg helped a certain other person to seize control about a year later. I’d say he was one of history’s great enablers. And let’s not forget his role in popularizing the stab in the back myth. See:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab-in-the-back_myth

The best thing about Hindenburg in 1932 was that he wasn’t going to live that long. But that didn’t help matters much, did it?

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst