[ExI] atheists/religion

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 03:44:15 UTC 2020

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 9:28 AM John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> And yet Romans, just like the Greeks, did not go extinct.

### To the contrary, the specific Greeks and Romans who lost their faith
and stopped procreating did actually go extinct. The others, who started
following the god of the Jews, are still around (but not much longer,
Italian birth rate is 1.34)

> > *Or take those Iranians - from 6 children per devout Muslima 50 years
>> ago to 1 point something per faithless modern Iranian girl.*
>>

> I don't think that has much to do with religion.

### Losing religion, not having it.

Just to be clear - I am a good atheist, won't pull a John C. Wright and
convert but neither do I deny that devout followers of some religions are
better at procreation than atheists. It's a simple statistical fact.

Rafal