[ExI] weird tangent: RE: URLs (was: Re: statins bad? again? sorry - I did not know where to cut it off. bill w)

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Wed Aug 12 23:23:13 UTC 2020

Thanks both of you. That sounds like a book worth checking out.

I got a kick out of Bill saying (I’m obviously paraphrasing) it’s the best thing since sliced bread and he had only finished the Preface. It seems to me that Bill has read a lot, so that’s saying something.

This started as the statin thread, which makes me chuckle.

So what about all the previous studies that showed statins have saved or extended significantly an estimated hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives? Thirty million Americans annually sciencedaily.com said. Was that bad science, bad data, incomplete data, or were there confounding variables? Is it a matter of degree? Like, sure they save lives... But by only by a year, and only if one is over 80.

-Henry