[ExI] Worst ever

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 11:56:51 UTC 2020

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 5:10 PM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat <

* > No, I don't think the word "evil" should be abolished. It serves
> a distinct purpose. I don't mean it is an improper word so much as it
> should be understood in the relative context of who is using to  describe
> whom or what.*

That's true for all words not just "evil". As for your claim that using
"evil" to describe Donald Trump is "*almost always politically-motivated
hyperbole*", well that may or may not be true, but I don't care because the
motivation for uttering a statement does not change its truth or falsehood,
and "Donald Trump is evil" remains correct; saying otherwise would be
nearly as silly as claiming that "ignoramus" is also an improper word to
describe that creature.

 John K Clark