[ExI] Guns and Murder

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Sun Aug 16 01:41:01 UTC 2020

Once upon a time there was a cryonicist with a slow brain cancer.  He
planned to get frozen before the cancer ate his mind, but there was a
snag: California law required an autopsy for anyone who died outside of
medical care (I assume that has not changed), and that would not leave
his brain in a desirable condition.

So our chap sued the State for an exception.  The judge said no: "The
State will not help you with your goofy scheme."  To which I'd retort:
he's not asking the State to do anything, he's asking the State to *not*
do something: not destroy the thing that our patient is trying to save.

Last I heard, the cancer was in remission, but that was a LONG time ago.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org