[ExI] Guns and Murder

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 12:07:17 UTC 2020

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 4:02 PM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat <

*> In lieu of any commentary, I am simply posting the data here*

That chart would be clearer if it didn't have such radically different
scaling factors, guns per *hundreds* versus murders per* millions*. What
stands out to me is that the US has about 2 1/2 times more guns per capita
than the next highest country, and that its murder rate is much closer to
that of Yeman than the murder rate in Japan or in any western European
nation. Mozambique has a AK-47 on its flag but the US is the only country
in the world that has more guns than people.

John K Clark