[ExI] Everett worlds

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 19:42:30 UTC 2020

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 2:03 PM SR Ballard via extropy-chat <

*> I’m sorry but if free will is wrong then there is no crime or guilt. No
> motivation. People cannot change themselves, they are fully at the whim of
> outside forces and cannot be held accountable. *

Sure they can. The only reason to hold anyone accountable for doing a bad
thing is to prevent more bad things from happening in the future. That's
justice, doing more than that, making an evil doer suffer just for the joy
of watching him suffer is vengeance. The threat of punishment is just one
more outside force pushing people in the direction of not hurting other
people, and I like that direction. I don't like vengeance.

 John K Clark